- 46-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced, plus 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- bread, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Rub the salmon with the oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with the cayenne and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Top with the lemon slices and bake until opaque throughout, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the fennel, fennel fronds, and cucumber and toss to coat.
- Serve the salmon with the cucumber-fennel salad and bread.