Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
COOK TIME: 12 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 42 MINS
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. freshly-ground ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Filling Ingredients:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cinnamon-sugar coating:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Dash of allspice
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- In a kitchenaid mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars on medium high speed until fluffy about 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in pumpkin puree, beat in egg and then add vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients on low speed just until combined. Cover and chill dough for an hour.
- To make the cream cheese filling, blend cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together. Chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and spices for the coating and set aside.
- To make the cookies, take a tablespoon of the cookie batter. Flatten it like a pancake and place a teaspoon of the cream cheese in center. Form another tablespoon of the cookie batter into a flat pancake shape and place on top of the cream cheese. Pinch the edges together sealing in the cream cheese and roll into a ball. Roll in the cinnamon sugar coating and place on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Repeat until the dough is gone and flatten the cookie dough balls with a heavy bottomed glass or measuring cup.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until the tops start to crack. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!