- Brine Pastrami as instructed for at least 2 weeks, if not 3 weeks.
- Soak in water overnight to draw out some of the salt.
- Pat dry and cover both sides with Pastrami Rub.
- Smoke at 225-250, using a mix of hickory & fruit wood, for at least 4 hours or until internal temp hits about 160.
- Place the brisket in an aluminum pan with a bit of liquid – apple juice, water, or whatever you want – and cook until the internal temp is around 200. Another good indicator is when your thermometer slides into the meat like butter.
- Let rest for at least 30 minutes, slice thin.
Recipe Source: http://www.extraordinarybbq.com/smoked-pastrami
Shop Ultimate Kitchen Storage at this link: Amazon