The best of both worlds in one delicious dessert. Love at first bite!
- 7 oz pkg cannoli shells
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Confectioners sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment.
- Crush cannoli shells in a food processor, add butter and 2 tablespoons sugar and continue to pulse until med-fine crumbs.
- Press crumbs firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat ricotta cheese, remaining sugar and flour in bowl of electric mixer on medium until well blended. Add whipping cream, vanilla and zest; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing just until blended after each addition. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then sprinkle top with the chocolate chips delicately, pressing chips in lightly. Continue to bake 10 more minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake.
- Visit hardcoreitalians.com for full recipe and directions
Earn Money as a WordPress Affiliate: Click this link to sign up for free and start earning today! If you have 3 hours or more a week to spend on the computer, wordpress will show you how to earn money, make your own schedule! Become an affiliate TODAY!
Ultimate Kitchen Storage Under Cabinet Spice Racks, Knife Racks, Cookbook Holders and more On Sale Now! Visit Ultimate Kitchen Storage on Amazon: Click here