I’m one of those weird people that has always liked brussels sprouts, I guess it’s because they were drenched in butter at my house. But if you happen to be one of the millions who don’t care for the green veggie that resembles a baby cabbage you might change your mind once you’ve tasted these delicious little morsels. It’s not surprising that bacon, beer and cheese make this dish stand out!
- 1 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 4 wt oz (about 1¾ cups)sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- ¼ cup IPA beer
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup italian bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a food processor or blender, add the cheese, cornstarch, beer, sour cream, garlic powder, and salt. Process until well blended (about 4 minutes). Stir in the chopped bacon and set aside.
- In a pot of lightly salted boiling water cook the Brussels sprouts for 2 minutes. Remove and immediately plunge into ice cold water.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half through the stem.
- Using a melon baller or paring knife, remove the middle of the sprout.
- Add the sprouts, hole side up, to a baking sheet.
- Fill the holes with beer cheese sauce.
For the full recipe visit Community Table: Click here
Father’s Day Sale! Spice Racks, Knife Racks, Handcrafted Pull Down Kitchen Racks starting at $64.95 w/ free shipping. Click this link to shop our store on Amazon